HomeAboutMeContactCouponingInfoButtonPage

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grocery Shopping for the Week (1/31/10)



Kroger is once again running a fabulous “Buy 10 participating items, get $5 off instantly” promotion. Combined with some coupons, this looks like a great week to get some fantastic deals! Make sure to only buy 10 things on the list, though, because anything over 10 will be at the regular price, not the special emphasized promotional price.

You're probably saying to yourself, "Um, Lori, Kroger's been running this promotion since last Wednesday.  Where have you been?"  And you'd be right by saying that.  I do my grocery shopping once a week on Mondays.  I understand that everyone can't do their grocery shopping on Monday of every week, so I'm going to try to have all of my lists ready on Sunday to give you some time on the weekend to get out there and replicate my lists and menus.

The reason I do my shopping on Mondays two-fold:
1)If there are really good deals at Kroger, the items for those deals usually don't last past (or even into) Thursday, so by Monday, they've gotten more product shipments and my chances of getting the things in the deal are greater.

2)New coupons come out on Sunday, and the Kroger deals are still good until Wednesday.  In the past I have done my grocery shopping on Wednesday, only to find a great coupon that will combine with a sale at Kroger, so I'll have to make an extra trip to the store before the next Wednesday (when the sale prices change) just to get the great deal.  And as hard as I try to stick to the items on my list, I always end up with at least one thing in my cart that wasn't on my list, which raises my bill and I can't stay in my budget.

Therefore, I have learned through trial and error that I will save more money by waiting to do my shopping on Monday (by maximizing my savings with coupons and limiting my trips to the grocery store).  Long explanation for a simple concept, huh?

Anyway, here's what my list is looking like so far, starting with items that are within the buy 10 promotion:
2 Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat - $2.49 after deal
Use $1.00/2 coupons 12-13-09 SS
Final Price: $1.49 each
2 Toaster Strudel – $1.79 after deal
Final Price: $.79 each!
1 Velveeta - $3.99 after deal
Final Price: $2.99
2 Johnsonville Brats – $2.99 after deal
Use 2 $.55/1 coupons 01-17-10 SS
Final Price: $1.99 each!
1 Goldfish crackers - $.99 after deal
1 Keebler Fudge Shoppe Cookies - $1.29 after deal
1 Coffee-Mate Creamer (32 oz) - $2.79 after deal
Use 1 $1/1 Catlina Coupon
Final Price: $1.79
8 Kroger Canned Vegetables – 8/$5 (I'll be getting at least 1 can of corn for a recipe later in the month)
Healthy Life Whole Grain Whole Wheat Bread – 10/$10
1/3/10 SS coupon for $.50 – doubles to $1 – there were two coupons in the insert – that's 2 free loaves of bread per SS insert you have!!!
2 potatoes
3 loose carrots
1 onion
Milk

There isn't any meat that's a great price this week, so I'm going to skip meat altogether.

Other than these things, I have all the ingredients I need to make my meals for the rest of the week! According to my recipes for the week I'll need the following ingredients (besides anything listed above):

  • Split Chicken Breasts (4) 
  • 1 Head Cauliflower
  •  1 Can of Soup
  •  Bread 
  •  1 small Pot Roast (2-3 lb)
  •  1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
  •  Dried Oregano
  •  Dried Basil
  •  Frozen Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
If you have all of these ingredients you can replicate my menu for the week! Have a great first week of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment