HomeAboutMeContactCouponingInfoButtonPage

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kroger List for the Week 2/21/10

 
Well, it's about time to go to Kroger for the week.  I've been spending quite a bit this month, what with all the promotional deals that Kroger has been running (and a few other necessities that we had to purchase from Target) so I'm going to really limit what I buy this week at the grocery.  Here's what's on the list to take care of the meals that I have planned for this week.  Speaking of planning meals, I'm going to do somewhat of a pantry challenge next month because our pantry is fuller than it's ever been.  I've seen pictures of other pantries, and I know that ours isn't as full as some, but it's fuller than we need it to be, so I'm going to try to do some cooking with what we have more than buying more for the stockpile next month.  Stay tuned for details on how that's gonna go!  :)  Anyway, back to the shopping list for this week's menu:
  • Small zucchini (for the Southwest soup)
  • Medium onion (for the Southwest soup)
  • 3 c. chicken stock (for the Southwest soup)
  • Sour cream (for garnish on the Southwest soup)
  • Minute Brown Rice (for the Southwest wraps)
  • 14 oz. can chicken broth (for the Southwest wraps)
I have the chicken necessary for the soup and the wrap, and I've already purchased my tortillas because they were in one of the Buy 10 promotions at Kroger and I had a coupon, too.  I'm going to take the tortillas we won't be using for the wraps and baking them to make my own tortilla chips.  It should be pretty easy.  I've put the recipe for the Southwest Soup here and the recipe for the Southwest Wraps here, in case you want to make them for yourself.  The soup is absolutely delicious, but we've never tried the wraps before.  We can experiment together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment