HomeAboutMeContactCouponingInfoButtonPage

Friday, January 8, 2010

January's Monthly Menu

I had a request from a friend to post my monthly menus.  As you can see, I didn't quite finish this month's, but it's my first attempt!!  Three weeks worth isn't bad!  I'll try to post in the blog if I'm going to stock up on a certain item that will probably be in the next month's monthly menu, in case you want to stock up on that item to make it easier to use my menu.  I went ahead and put the shopping list for each week, too.  Not so much so you can buy whatever I'm buying, but just to show the format I've used.  And my format might change, depending on what I learn from doing it more and more.

January 2010
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
1
Hoppin' John
2
Bertolli Meal
3
LO Hoppin' John
4
Black Beans & Rice (w/ smok. saus.)
5
Spaghetti w/ turkey and garlic toast
6
LO Black Beans & Rice
7
Tacos and Refried Beans
8
LO spaghetti and garlic toast
9
Nobody home for dinner
10
LO Tacos and Refried Beans
11
Baked Chicken (2 LQ, 2 thighs, 2 drums), salad, & veggie
12
LO Chicken Thighs & Drums
13
Frozen Pizza (thaw chicken breasts)
14
Chicken Fajitas & Black Beans
15
Fajita Quesadillas & Black Beans (make slaw)
16
Crockpot Barbecue , Vinegar Slaw, pot. chips
17
LO Barbecue & slaw
18
Breakfast for Dinner (eggs, bacon, hash brns, pancakes)
19
LO Barbecue & slaw
20
Soup & Sandwich
21
Sloppy Joes, baked beans & Potato chips
22
Chicken Strips
23
LO Sloppy Joes, baked beans & Potato chips
24

25
Chili & Cornbread
26

27
28
LO Chili & Cornbread
29
30
31
Shopping List Week of Jan. 4th
Zatarain's Black Beans & Rice
1.25 lb. Ground beef
bag of salad for tacos
tomatoes for tacos
Tortilla Chips
Hamburger Buns x3
Shredded Cheese
Shopping List Week of Jan. 18th
6-8 slices bacon from meat dept.
1.25 lb ground beef
Potato Chips
Eggs
Shopping List Week of Jan. 11th
Flour tortillas for fajitas and quesadillas
Sour cream
Black Beans – 2 cans
Shredded Nacho cheese
Cabbage & 2 carrots
Potato Chips
Shopping List Week of Jan. 25th
.5 lb ground turkey

As you can see, I only made it through about 3 weeks of planning, but it's helped me tremendously!


This was a little bit hard to get into html, but hopefully I can reuse the code next time I put my calendar in! Hope this helps you! Sorry it's not complete!!

No comments:

Post a Comment